One-Stop FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions at the One Stop

How can I schedule an appointment for placement testing?

You can schedule an appointment for placement testing with Student Services by visiting C2100 or calling 815-825-9375. You can also call the Testing Center by calling 815-825-9841. More information about testing can be found on their webpage.

How late are you open?

The hours of operation for the Student Services Office are as followed:

Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

More information can be found here.

How do I drop a class?

There are two ways to drop a class. Stop by Student Services, C2100, to fill out the add/drop form or via myKC. To drop via myKC, go to “Kishwaukee College Self-Service,” select “Student Planning,” click on the “Schedule” tab under Plan Your Degree & Register for courses. If you wish to DROP a class you have registered for, you must click the
Drop button under the desired course.

***NOTE: You cannot drop courses after the withdrawal period*** 

I have to drop for medical reasons, what do I need to do?

If you have to drop your classes for medical reasons, you can do so by stopping by the Student Services Office, C2100, and filling out the add/drop form or via the processes described above in myKC. If it is past the refund period and you want to request a refund for your courses, you will have to stop by Student Services, C2100, to pick up the Tuition Appeal form. 

Why was I dropped from a class?

You may have been dropped from a class because of non-payment, non-attendance or you have not met the prerequisites for the course(s). 

When can I register for classes?

The first day of registration for Spring is in November, Summer and Fall are in in April. For specific information and dates, please review the Important Academic Dates and Deadlines

I am having trouble registering for a class, why can’t I register?

Registration for a class will depend on a few things. Those things could include restrictive standing, financial aid, placement testing, prerequisites, conduct related or money owed to the institution. Please call us at 815-825-9375 and we would be happy to assist you.